Sunday, September 26, 2010

♪Take Me Away♪

This is my final catchup post! Yay! 
 This outfit was based around the high-waisted leggings! I have a strict rule about not wearing leggings as pants, but these ones are so pants-like that I couldn't help it :P They have faux-leather tuxedo stripes down each leg!
 I wanted to make a riding-ish outfit with these leggings, so I wore them with my new forest green velvet blazer!

 I'va also been trying to work with different colour combinations, so I paired this red top with the green blazer as well. I think that, since they're both somewhat muted colours, they're not too Christmas-y together!
To add some more colour, I wore this powder blue pashmina. It's the softest one I own! It almost feels like wearing a cloud. I also wore it for comfort, because Friday (when I wore this outfit) was when my nasty cold started to kick in! That could be part of the reason I look so miserable in most of these pictures, haha.
 I accessorized with my black studded belt and my "religious studies" necklaces :P I have one that's a bust of Jesus (sort of), a key with St. Anthony de Padua on it, and a pearl rosary that my sister brought back from Vatican City! It's been blessed by the Pope :D I'm not sure if you can see them clearly, but I also wore my favourite metal flower-print earrings.
 Yay, in the above picture you can almost tell how soft the pashmina is!!

This was also the first day that I wore my little black suede "Beatles" boots! That's what I've nicknamed them, anyway :P


 Ok, I need to get something off my chest. Since school has started (I guess?) I've been enveloped in school work and am starting to feel really lame... I don't feel like I have time to be social, and even when I do and am, I feel weird and think of all the other things I should be doing... and so I feel lonely. I don't know what's wrong with me because I have lots of friends who I love dearly, but I have a way of shutting myself out even when I'm in a social setting! I really want to work on that and become more welcoming as a person. I've started to cut down on school stress levels by doing readings in advance, but I'm still trying to figure out how to open myself up to...companionship? I find I'm VERY friendly after a few drinks, but I wish I didn't need to breach that false barrier to relate to people. I recognize what a useless excuse for being social drinking is, and realize that moderation is the key, and blahblahblahhhh. Maybe, too, this is at the forefront of my mind because I was a sick recluse this weekend! I'm also a one-to-four hour drive away from my best friends in the world (I miss you both SO MUCH!!), and want to make deeper connections with my lovely friends here. It's just hard for me sometimes. 

Phew! That felt good. These feelings have been weighing on me for a while now! Sorry if that was a bit heavy, it needed to happen!

I'm going to go finish up those readings, and hopefully turn the frowns ( like the ones in these pictures...heh) upside down!

The title of this one is from that song in "The Ugly Truth." So catchy!

Happy dressing,
Mitzi xo

1 comment:

  1. i'd love to see either a long shirt or a larger belt.
    looks nice though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...