Friday, September 3, 2010

East meets West!

WOW! Today was an awesome day at the consignment shop I manage, called Hazel's Bless Your Heart. We had more sales today than we've had in the past week! We were also asked to do an interview for the campus newspaper. Yessss.

This is a great day-to-night outfit that I came up with based on a pair of earrings my parents brought back from a trip to California. They're dark-silver discs with an "om" symbol on them! So cool. The tank top has little pieces of metal in the same tone as the earrings around the neckline!

 
I love matching metals, which is why I chose this studded belt and the two necklaces. One is a key with St. Anthony de Padua on it, and the other is Jesus. I'm not really religious at all, but I'm going into my fourth year in Religious Studies, so I have a great respect for different religions and their iconography. I'm mixing them today, with the om earrings and the Christian guys! I find the pattern on the skirt to be reminiscent of tiling in mosques, too.

For a nighttime transition, I added ripped over-the-heel stockings that I made myself. I had a pair of good-quality stockings that got a run, so I made tons more with scissors! I love them :P I added square-toe quilted ballet flats instead of the ruffled sandals.


Excuse the mess behind me, it was garbage day! Haha. Don't we have a neat assortment of garbage receptacles? ;)

While I like metals to match, I'm not opposed to mixing them either! I added a military-style jacket with aged-gold zippers.




Ta-da! This was such a fun outfit to wear. I love pleated skirts because they fan out when you twirl around!
This jacket is one of my favourites, and I'm going to make it even better. Once I find enough antique-looking lace (or white lace to tea-dye) I'm going to sew it onto every seam on the jacket: front, back, sleeves! I'm so excited to start :D


Many thanks to my handsome photographer, Billy. He may make a cameo appearance in the next post!


Happy dressing,
Mitzi xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...