Saturday, September 11, 2010

David Bowie Meets Grandma's Couch

As I wrote my last post, I was buzzing with excitement at the thought of adding something new and amazing to my wardrobe. I paid for it as soon as I got to work yesterday, and HERE IT IS!

Isn't this jacket WILD?! It was love at first sight. AND it came with a pale grey belted dress with a pleated skirt! It's calf-length and gorgeous. I'll never wear them together because it would be too much, but keep an eye out; I'm already planning an outfit for the dress!
 I planned this whole outfit around the jacket. The striped stockings reminded me of the braid trim that's on the inside of the pearls lining the jacket, so they were and obvious choice! I wanted to keep the outfit as non-frumpy as possible, so that's why I chose the denim miniskirt. The studs on the built-in belt are about the same size as the pearls too! The ballet flats are the same dull-sheen sort of faux-leather as the belt as well, and they're just "romantic" enough to complement the jacket! 

 To keep the outfit a little bit edgy, I stuck with all-black accessories. I wore my black-ribbon cameo, and threw together this "bracelet": I recently bought this string of hand-shaped beads at Michael's, and just threaded ribbon through the two ends and tied them onto my wrist! I think I'll do something more complicated and interesting with the beads eventually, maybe a necklace, or a necklace and bracelet set! Earrings too? The possibilities are endless!


This outfit was so much fun to wear. I feel like I say that all the time, but this one was an immediate confidence-booster! The stockings are so different, and three different people asked me where I got them! If you were wondering, I got them at Wal-Mart. I don't usually buy clothing at Wal-Mart, but their lingerie section is pretty unbeatable!
Billy did SUCH a great job on this picture. I love it! I had to edit the heck out of these pictures because it was rainy out, and for some reason they were extremely dark. The blue of the shirt is a much brighter royal blue than it appears!


My boss and I were interviewed for the campus newspaper on Friday as well, and we took a picture to send to accompany the article:


Aren't we cute?! I love this picture! It's way better than the one we had on the facebook page before. If you're interested,click here to visit Hazel's' facebook page! 


Oh yeah! In case you found the title for this post confusing, it's the description I used to explain the jacket to almost everybody I talked to after falling in love with it! Haha.


I have a whole day off tomorrow! Not really, because I have a lot of reading to do, but I'll probably make a "catch-up" post with a few outfits that I haven't had time to post yet :)


Happy dressing!
Mitzi xo

p.s. I LEARNED HOW TO MAKE A HYPERLINK! YAYAYAY!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...