Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Catch Up!!!

Wow! I can't believe it's been since FRIDAY. Ooops! I've been so busy with schoolwork that I haven't had a spare second to update! I've still been taking pictures every day, but instead of doing a an enormous update right now I'll do a few outfits each time I get a chance. Today I'm just going to update on Saturday and Sunday!

 Saturday was the Fall Fair parade in my town! I didn't have the yellow shirt we all wore, so I made an outfit that would easily transition. This blue empire-waist top has cute little button that I sewed on it to mask a hole, you can sort of see them hiding behind the purse strap! I get a lot of compliments on this shirt because of them. I actually bought this shirt on mega-sale at Winners because of the hole! I think it was $4. I have another shirt that I'm going to "button" because of a similar hole!

 I was in the parade for my Sears job. Doesn't the navy skirt go perfectly with the yellow t-shirt?! I had seen the shirt before, and decided to accent the graphic design on it with a red belt and these craaaazy sneakers! It's hard to find outfits to wear these sneakers with, and this one was perfect for them. I also tucked the bandanna into the back pocket of the skirt when I was wearing the blue shirt, because high necks look baaad on me! I love transitional outfits.

 This is the outfit I wore to the Blues Show on Saturday night. I love this dress! I'd never tried belting it before, and I think it turned out well.
 This is the first time I'd worn these boots! I love them. They're supposed to be "over-the-knee," but maybe I have long legs? Ah well. They're awesome!!
 This outfit BEGGED to be worn with my Michael Jackson leather jacket! I love that it added another pop of colour with the red lining.
 We have a couple of guests on today's blog! There were A LOT of visitors this weekend, several of Ben's and my friends from Halifax. Arnie hing out with all of us too. Here's what she wore to the Blues show:
 Isn't her Sam Roberts t-shirt awesome?! I love how the red in the pattern matches exactly the red of her jeans.

Finally, my Matty visited too!! We've been best friends for almost three years now. Time flies! We were roommates in Halifax, and our favourite passtime was to dress up (every day) and stomp the streets looking pissed off and hot. Ohh the good old days! Hahaha.

On Sunday we just walked around my town for a while and then watched Project Runway. Woohoo!
I based my Sunday outfit around the navy top. The scarf matches the little turquoise print on the top, and jeans were a good choice for a hangover day! I wore a necklace that I made with blue, green, yellow, and pink beads, with pearls as well. The metallic belt picks up the yellow tones of the necklace beads. The tiger-print purse echoes the orangey-copper tones in the belt, and the shoes are just fun! I don't think there can be too much animal print in any given outfit.

Well, time to do some last-minute reading before class! Hopefully it won't be so long before my next post. I'm going to work on organizing myself so I can get weekly assignments and such done on the weekends... we'll see how that goes, but I'm optimistic! If I have them done, then I can blog more, right? ;)

Happy dressing!
Mitzi xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...