Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ice Cream Sandwich!

I had planned to slack on my outfit today, but then my sister asked me if I wanted this green vintage slip!
As soon as she handed it to me, an outfit idea popped into my head. I had seen Frivolous from Frivolous Identity use a belt over one of these flowy cardigan thingies, and I had been wanting to try it. Today was the day!


I decided to let the mint green of the slip be the main focus of the outfit, and layered with the black cardi, top, and belt and dark grey leggings. I was going to wear my black ballet flats, but when I was switching purses I found these shoes in my other purse! The white in the zebra print picked up the white lace on the slip, and the bow went perfectly with the romantic feel.

I stuck with the black theme for my purse too, using my black "pocket" purse. The black beret on top was a no-brainer too!
 Keeping with the "romantic" theme, I wore my multi-chain pearl necklace, pearl earrings, and a little cupid leather thong necklace! I think it's so cute!

 So, in terms of my earlier "to-do" list, I did manage to tidy my room. I also printed and organized my class reading from now until Wednesday! I think I won't do the backup-outfit post today. 

 My sister Arnie took my pictures today! I'm glad that she (and Billy, sort of) have the patience to take so many outfit pictures, haha. Maybe I'll eventually get a crazy camera with a timer so I can do them myself! Thanks guys, love you ♥
 This picture, even though it's slightly out of focus and off-centre, ended up being my favourite of the shoot! I'm not sure what it is about it, I just think it's great.
I think I've decided on my thesis-proposal-proposing outfit! I'll put it up tomorrow. Ahhh, wish me luck! 
The title for this post is mostly from the colour of the slip. And after supper I had an ice cream sandwich made with two cookies and mint chocolate chip ice cream that was the same colour!

Happy dressing!
Mitzi xo 

1 comment:

  1. Such a great look. I really like your hat and also the color on that dress. So pretty!

    thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...