Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's a Marshmallow World in the Winter

Yesterday I was faced with the daunting task of writing an entire 3000 word essay... so I dressed up to make myself feel awesome!


I think the outfit did help. That, and bribing myself with boots... hahah.


I've had this outfit in mind for quite some time, ever since I "rescued" this brown silk vest -- it's missing a button in the middle (right where a belt would cover!), and was on the way to the Salvation Army. MINE!


I knew I wanted to wear the vest over this striped tuxedo shirt for its debut. Once I had it on with the black shorts and stockings, I knew I had to wear it with this vintage mohair shawl! Too perfect.


I actually had a different belt than this studded one in mind, but I couldn't find it :S I cleaned my room today, that's why I'm posting so late!


I'm so in love with the lighting in these photos. It's really rare that I'm able to take pictures at the supposed "perfect" time of day: an hour before sunset. Only on Sunday! And sometimes on Saturday, haha. Soon school will be done for Christmas break though, I'll be able to sneak it in on Mondays and Wednesdays too! Yesss.


I also love that the snow has stayed... having said that, it'll probably melt tomorrow! But it makes such a lovely romantic background. 

 
I've been trying to maximize my backyard's "backdrop" potential as well. Today, I present: the stick pile! Hahaha.

 You can sort of see them in this photo: I wore my suede slouchy cowboy boots with this outfit! I needed some leg-elongation, short shorts can be stump-ifying :P


Billy and I are watching The Sound of Music as I type... it's the intense part!! Gotta go!



Happy dressing!

Mitzi xo 

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...