Friday, November 5, 2010

Ye'll Take the High Road, and I'll Take the Low Road

And I'll be in Scotland afore ye!


I went to Scotland as a wee lass (haha) and the weather the morning I wore this outfit reminded me so much of the fleeting memories I have of that beautiful country! I had to pay homage to it in my outfit :P


I created this outfit around this gorgeous blue-and-green plaid shawl I got recently at Value Village! It's definitely inspiringly Scottish-looking :P


I decided to wear my little belted skirt, to avoid the heaviness a long skirt would creat with the shawl.


I recently got this sheer white J. Crew button down from Hazel's. It was the perfect top to complete my Scottish look!


I had to wear a hat to tame my washed-the-night -before hair. Don't you hate it when you go to bed with wet hair and wake up with a tumbleweed circus in the morning? Brushing only does so much!


I carried my dark grey leather purse, because the Union Jack pin on it went with the theme! And a black purse would have added too much darkness, especially with the black opaqu stockings and black riding boots!


The plaid on the shawl is so dark!! I wish it showed up better in the pictures. Oh well.


I love living in a small town, because even though I live five minutes from downtown, I also live minutes from awesome picture-taking locales! The meadow that I often take pictures in is at one end of my street, and this field (with awesome fall tree) is at the other! Hooray!

 
I wore my classic cameo necklace with this one. I call it my "classic" because I wore it almost every day for over a year in high school! I love it. The off-white and the pearls and fake jet are perfection! I even had a matching watch for a while.


All around, this is one of my favourite outfits in some time! And it was completely unplanned... funny how those are the ones that turn out the best! I was completely comfortable in it, and I felt AWESOME. Yay!


I may post again tonight. Billy and I are going to Halifax tomorrow to do some shopping and such! 


Ahaha, weird face. Hope everyone has a fun Friday!

Happy dressing!
Mitzi xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...