Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mad for Plaid!

I love pattern-mixing! In this outfit I used TWO different plaids. Yesss.


I look like I'm doing some version of the highland fling! Hahaha. 


This outfit was actually based on the star-patterned sweater! I really wanted to wear it with this green-and-blue plaid kilt :D


When deciding on which coat to wear, my eyes fell on this cream-and-black plaid jacket... I was so excited when I tried it on and looked great!


Since the two plaids make quite a bold statement, I decided to wear a navy pashmina instead of introducing another colour into the look.


I also wore my new (deliciously thick) cable-knit leggings! They blend nicely with my suede Beatles boots.


Look at the frosty grass! It was FREEZING out tonight when I walked home from class at 6 p.m. Winter is definitely coming!


My favourite thing about kilts is the pleats! They swing so wonderfully when you walk :D High-waisted ones make a really great silhouette too:


Speaking of silhouettes, I chose to wear my black ribbon cameo with this look! I also wore the pearl rosary my sister brought me from Italy.


Silhouette was a very important factor in planning this outfit. It's another reason that I chose the plaid jacket: I love the way the cropped length looks with high-waisted skirts!


Today is the first day of a four-day long weekend! It's MUCH-needed. I plan to hibernate, for the most part, to catch up/ get prepared for the onslaught of essays that's coming up. I also want to visit my friend who's going to have a baby really soon!


It's supposed to be sunny for the next few days! Yay! I'm so excited, sunshine makes it much easier to get up in the morning :P


Now I'm off to take a library book back! Thank goodness for e-mail notifications, haha.

Happy dressing!
Mitzi xo

1 comment:

  1. Hello

    I'm Antonio from Italy

    I love your Blog

    I think you are a very charming and beautiful woman ;)

    Little asking: Do you like to wear plaid shirts?


    I love plaid shirts (especially in man's cotton button down ones) and i would like to
    watch you wearing about them.

    I loved your photos in plaid

    I love to have other photos in plaid/gingham shirts (good solution and quality ones)

    I collect them since i was young

    tanxx Antonio

    That's my mail:

    antonioivano.preziuso@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...