Sunday, November 14, 2010

Velvet Vacation

I took a "vacation" from normalcy in this outfit!


I bought this little velvet hat at Value Village a while ago, because it reminded me so much of Princess Diana! Ever since I've had it at the back of my mind, trying to figure out how to wear it.


I had to wear my pearls, they go with the ladylike hat!

I'd also been trying to think of a way to wear this pink fish-patterned skirt, which I affectionately call my "mermaid" skirt!


I decided to wear it with a dark blue t-shirt, to play up the blue in the pattern... and I realized that the t-shirt was the exact same colour as the velvet hat! Mmm perfection.


I decided to go all-out, as the hat totally called for an out-of-the-ordinary look! I added the forest green velvet blazer to add more texture.


The skirt has a pointed "spout" so I wore my silver vintage belt -- I like to call it my "Sailor Moon" belt, because it reminds me of a tiara! Haha.


Grey stockings and black suede ankle boots? Of course.


My pale periwinkle pashmina (mmm alliteration!) and blue fleurs-de-lis purse added more "mermaid" colour :D


I had to wear my little round rose-coloured glasses, they added more eccentricity. Excellent!


I got tons of positive feedback on this outfit -- on the street, at work, in the bank, from my family... it was overwhelmingly awesome! Most comments were on the hat. I agree, the hat is pretty much the best thing ever! ;)


Neat. Time to go... I have to get to the library this evening to take out books for the masses and masses of essays coming up!! I'm going to do a recipe post soon -- I documented the making of an awesome Mulligatawny soup today! Yumyum.

Happy dressing!
Mitzi xo

1 comment:

  1. Great outfit. Love the skirt & the hat looks great. I love toppers. Too cool :)

    I have a crazy hat in the same shade of blue I wish I could work out how to wear. Every time I try I look like an old lady (and I don't mean old lady chic. I mean "Oh dear, these aren't my dentures").

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...