Tuesday, November 23, 2010

We'll Build a Man That's Made of Snow

This is what I wore today :D


The snow was still on the ground (it's raining now, it will probably be gone tomorrow), and Billy built a snowman! It was perfect for my photoshoot :D




Haha, this picture makes me laugh. I almost gave the album a "Home Alone" title because of it! I remind myself of a cross between the Macaulay Culkin boy and the bad guys because of the hat and jacket :P




So! I may have mentioned that I have "grounded myself" from buying new clothes for a while. The main reason is because I have tons of clothes that I haven't even worn yet! This dress is one of those things.




The dress was actually more difficult to style than I anticipated! It's sleeveless with a sweet sailor collar. I knew I wanted to wear the blue stockings with it, but I went through numerous cardigans and jackets and coats before I found a combination I was happy with!




The last combination before I settled on the black cardi was a hot pink cardi with big black dots and a black belt. It looked okay, but I wasn't happy with it! Then I saw my red belt, and I knew right away that it would be the right choice! I didn't want too many colours in the outfit... I was going to wear a purple checked scarf as well (with the hot pink and blue), and realized it was getting TOO DISTRACTING from the amazing dress! I kept it simple with the red belt, red necklace and red lips :)




The black cardigan created a nice silhouette with this dress, I think. And it has covered buttons too! I really wanted it to blend well, because this special dress deserved a special first outfit!


The dress also deserved a special first photoshoot! I had so much fun with this one, and it was really hard to narrow down the pictures because they were ALL GOOD. That never  happens!




This action shot is one of my favourites, I look like a little snow elf!




I'm glad I chose this silver faux-leather jacket for this outfit. It was really hard to decide on a jacket; I tried more jackets than I did sweaters and belts! It was the neutral colour and the angular collar that did it. The collar of the cardigan flipped out in the same way when it was belted over the dress, and the square shapes mimic the back flap thing on the dress collar!




Oh yeah!! I just went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, and it was really good!! The special effects were great, and Daniel Radcliffe's horrible acting skills weren't very noticeable :P I want to read the book again, and I can't wait to see Part 2!




Unfortunately, going to the movie meant abandoning schoolwork for the evening... and I completely forgot a library date with my new friend :( Oops!! I hate forgetting things. Baaaah. We're meeting tomorrow instead though! No big deal, the paper we're brainstorming isn't due 'til Friday. Ha. Haha. HA.




Happy dressing!
Mitzi xo


p.s. do any of my lovely Chictopian readers know how to put badges on blogs?? I cannot figure it out!

1 comment:

  1. Love the red and blue accents :)

    I am so useless at time keeping. I write everything in my diary so I only fail when I forget to check my pen and paper brains (or when I have entered the wrong date AGAIN!) :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...