Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A is for Aubergine

WOW! Alphabet Challenge time! Are you as excited as I am?!


Today's colour is AUBERGINE! Better-known in North America as "eggplant." Heh. These photos don't do the rich dark purple colour of this amazing maxi skirt justice! I added this matching beret on the way out the door, and I love the way it carries today's colour from head to toe! Well, lower calf, but whatever ;)


For "supporting neutrals" with the main colour, I chose my new camel cardigan (thanks Tammy!! My boss is awesome :D), my black-and-white gingham blouse, and navy plaid shawl as a scarf. I love the way the camel coat and camel cardigan look together! 


I got a major "1940s" vibe from this look. Love it!! I've been searching for vintage patterns lately because I'm starting sewing lessons, and this look is the exact silhouette of all the patterns I've seen from the '40s! New favourite style, methinks. I just bought a pattern for pants similar to the ones in my "Never Complain, Never Explain" post






I wore my new black heeled booties with this outfit! They're the most amazing little shoes. They have hiking boot-like grip on the bottom, so were actually really easy to walk in, even on the weird snow/ice/salt bumpy-bumpy-yuck winter terrain in my town! And they're sooo cute, I love the turned-down cuff!



I almost wore the blouse tucked into the skirt (it's high-waisted), but then I decided to belt it instead! The brown belt I chose has a sort of alligator (A is for...!) print, which sort of matches the cardigan! Yaaaay!




I almost didn't wear this coat, thinking it would be too much camel. Silly!! I also tend to wear this skirt with cropped jackets, but I love how the two long lengths look together! Also, it was fricking freezing out today! Tomorrow we're supposed to get A is for ANOTHER 15-20 cm of snow! As you can see from these pictures, the snow banks are up to my waist and higher already!




Oooh guess what! Another used clothing store opened in my town :D We're becoming fashionable-and-eco-friendly central! Hahaha.
 


Stay tuned... B is for...! Tomorrow!


Happy dressing!
Mitzi xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...