Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Q is for Quince

I'm back! What a trip :D New York is so amazing, I wish I could have stayed forever ;)
I had a special surprise when we arrived at the hotel: a letter from my friend Angie! We met on Chictopia , and she also has a great blog, Papillon Chouette!
It was so sweet, too bad we missed each other by just a few days as she was there for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week!


The first day in New York (February 18th) was unbelievably wam! It must have been at least 15C that day. I was glad I chose this pale green-yellow (quince!) coloured blouse, because my plane outfit was too warm! We left four feet of snow behind in Canada! ...of course, the weather didn't hold, but oh well :) It was nice while it lasted! 



I wore the shirt with a black silk lace scarf, tied like a...tie. Haha! I also wore my black studded belt over my leather skirt, and I wore my polks-dotted tights and black heeled booties!


Maybe I'll get the Empire State Building on my other ankle...? Not likely ;) But now I understand why, on all those Wal-Mart wall-art, the "passport" pictures have Paris, London, and New York together. Ahh! I sort of got it before, but now that I've been there...!




These pictures were taken on the roof of our hotel, which was amazing!! If anyone is interested, I mat do a post with just pictures of STUFF that I saw! Let me know if you care ;)




On the first day in the city, we went to the New York Public Library. I was more excited to walk through Bryant Park, haha! We also walked by Parsons The New School for Design, at which point I turned into a bit of a giggly mess. We also went to an awesome Indian restaurant for dinner!







Haha the "outside" pictures are all shaky because Billy is very afraid of heights. I'm surprised we got as many photos as we did (three good ones) because we were only out there for about 45 seconds!




I'll probably do my "R" post tonight too. If not, maybe in the morning? We may be chilling with friends tonight, sharing about our trip!





Happy dressing :)
Mitzi xo

6 comments:

  1. this outfit is gorgeous! i just came across your blog and fell in love with it! your style is amazing! i love how you always mix colors and textures! check out my blog and follow if you like it, i'll do the same!
    www.fullclosetbutnothingtowear.blogspot.com
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crazy jealous!! I love this outfit though, that skirt is amazing, perfect for NY. I am glad you had such an amazing time though :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this!

    Kisses,
    Froso from Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you outfit, and these tight are so cool!

    What do you think about follow eachother?
    It would be nice if we could follow eachother, we hope to hear from you soon!


    XoXo
    H&C from Amstetdam
    www.sistersandsisters.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so hot! I love the sexy menswear!!! Hahah!!

    Lauren
    Sparrow & Urchin

    ReplyDelete
  6. The leather skirt and the dotted tights look perfect together, and the loose tie is a perfect way to pull everything together. Your blog is lovely by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...