Sunday, February 13, 2011

M is for Mulberry

I wore this to a baptism today! The “mulberry”-coloured pieces here are the gloves, buttons on the jacket, and floral print on the blouse :P I really wanted to wear this suit to the baptism, so, in the words of Tim Gunn, I “made it work!” with the Alphabet Colour Challenge :D I never thought I’d find the occasion to wear both the jacket and skirt of this suit together, but I did! Very exciting!

 I didn’t want to wear any black, so I went with gray stockings and brown booties. I also chose my camel cardigan and cognac-coloured belt, because I love the way camel and purple look together!



Hmm, weird close-up, not sure what's going on with the cardi-bunching! Here's a better view of the whole look ;)

 
I’m so flattered that I was invited to the baptism. It was for the baby of one of my best high school friends! The baby was so well-behaved, even when he was getting the water poured on his head and the cross rubbed on his forehead by tons of realtives, haha. I don’t think I’ve been to a baptism since my own, so it was a very interesting cultural experience! I was laso able to reconnect with another best high school friend. It was a great day all around!




I was kind of all-over-the-place with this combination, in terms of eras! The booties are Victorian-style, the skirt suit is 1960s vintage, and the cardigan and blouse combination is kind of 30s/40s. I think. I'll know more soon, my sewing teacher is including history of fashion into our lessons! So exciting.

 





Hope everyone else is having an equally (m is for) marvelous Sunday!

 Happy dressing :)
Mitzi xo

4 comments:

  1. Love the colour combination :) Looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh, you're so sweet! That suit set is in really fantastic condition! Really pure colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt is ridiculously flattering on you, and I LOOOOOve the color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I totally love these rich colours! You look fantastic in this! Although there are all these different pieces it all blends so well.

    P.S. Thanks for your comment! I always find it amazing when people make it to lose so much weight, congrats! Thanks for the advice, I'll try my best :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...