Thursday, February 10, 2011

J est pour Jaune

I had to get a little creative with this one! Oh well, it works :) J is also for "jaunty"! Hence the little red bowtie, which used to be my dad's!


I know, too much awesome in one photo, right? I decided to ease you into it, the outfit as a whole is quite spectacular:


When I say "spectacular" I meant truly making a spectacle! My goodness, I got a lot of funny looks today :) This is my favourite kind of outfit! I like ones that garner appreciative looks (yesterday's) but also ones that cause double-takes and gawks! Heh heh heh. Take that, small town!


I guess this is an androgynous "Eugene" sort of look. From Grease, right? Haha when I was little and watched Grease, I got a mini-crush on Eugene because I felt like he deserved it because everybody else liked the greasers. It was an interesting "premonition," because my Billy played Eugene in a play when he was younger! Woww, the stars align yet again :) I may post our little love story for Valentine's Day or our upcoming anniversary, stay tuned!


I really enjoy this colour combination! I was going to go with a black belt and leave the top button open, keeping with just the yellow and purple, but it felt "lacking" to me. Red it was! I love this belt, red belts with silver buckles are HARD to find. I have two with gold buckles, but they looked wonk with the gray trousers! Too much. This tarnished silver is perfect!



My dad was thrilled that I wanted to wear his old bowtie! I love it. I want more bowties!! This whole outfit would, I think, make The Man Repeller proud. If you haven't checked out her blog, you should! It's hilarious, she basically writes about trends women love and men hate, and shows how to wear them in the most man-repelling way possible! Billy's reaction to this outfit was actually positive, beside a brief "are those pants really in style?" "yes." *shrug* "okay, I like it." Probably he's just used to me though. And he loooves me :)


Oh look!! My hair is up :) I was kind of excited when I realized that that is a possibility! I need to decide soon what I'm doing with my hair, because it's bordering on that nast growing-out length that never cooperates and has fun being uncooperative. Argh. I could bear with it and grow it out (maybe start straightening it again sometimes...?), or cut it. Decisions, decisions! Any opinions are very welcome!


So, this yellow shirt... so excited to wear it in the spring and summer!! I need a turquoise-y green skirt to wear it with. Or any skirt ever. I love sunny yellows! I used to be afraid of yellow because, for some reason, I thought it would "clash" with my blonde hair. Nuh. Now that I know it doesn't, I can't get enough!! My next hurdle is orange. I need to find nice oranges! More difficult than finding nice yellows, methinks.




Hmm, I was going to wear my black hooded leather jacket today, but then I checked the weather network. The lovely Jenna at Smitten mentioned today that her blog seems to constantly mention the weather! So does mine. But as a style blogger, these are important current events!! The weather means the difference between a lightweight leather jacket and a heavy wool duffel coat. ENOUGH WITH THE -19 WITH WINDCHILL. Sheesh! I feel your pain Jenna, from all the way across the country!




Oh boy, it's getting late. I have a rather large stack of marking to do for tomorrow. Blahhh. But! Tomorrow is also my first sewing lesson :D Yaaay!! I can't wait to be able to sew my own clothes. I've been stocking up on vintage patterns in anticipation of my soon-to-be-mad sewing skillz. So far I have a pattern for pants similar to the ones I'm wearing today, and for Chinese-style dresses and cigarette pants. On their way are a pattern for 70s overalls and leggings/wrap skirts! SO EXCITED.




I'll leave you with a fabulous photo of me doing my best "Eugene" stance ;)





Happy dressing!
Mitzi xo

4 comments:

  1. I loove this yellow top, so great with the trousers. Such a cool geeky type look! Im now following you ;)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this outfit!!!
    So original, love your style!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eugene!! Haha, I love the bowtie, it's awesome that the bowtie was your dads! I love the entire look, yellow and red! Awesome! And maybe I'll count the Dress and top as .5 each. Haha!

    Lauren
    Sparrow & Urchin

    ReplyDelete
  4. yellow with that red bow tie is just ADORABLE!!! love it :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...