Wednesday, February 2, 2011

B is for Berry and Bimini

This look was actually a huge challenge! For"B" I didn't want to go with the blatant "b" colours (blue/black/brown). Finally I decided to wear this berry-red sweater and bimini-blue printed frock!


I anchored the two main colours with one of the "blatant b's": brown! It worked so well as an accent colour with this look, especially since the print on the dress has dark brown in it. I tried on several belts before choosing this dark brown faux-leather one! I wore my camel leather gloves and chunky cableknit scarf to add some lightness to match the frothy dress :)


I wore my brown patterned tights and brown granny booties too!


I got this dress almost three years ago, to wear to my cousin's wedding! I've been meaning to wear it "casually" for a long time now, and I finally did it :D That's what a "challenge" is all about!




So snowstorm #2 in two weeks is upon us! Another 30 cm of snow predicted. Ohhh my, I don't know where we're going to put it! We already have at least three feet of snow on the ground, where is another foot going to go?! On every non-snowy day, there are dump trucks everywhere filled with snow, taking it away to make room for more! This is the snowiest winter we've had in years!





I can't wait to wear this dress in the spring and summer -- sheer is a major trend again this year! I just bought a vintage sheer skirt with a floral velvet-burnout print (for $3.50...!), and it's so wonderful!! It's a similar shape to the one I wore in my previous Alphabet Challenge post, "A is for Aubergine" . Long, straight skirts are another huge trend for spring!

Check out this next picture, it's kind of a blooper, but more like an action shot!

 
So cool right? I love the "movement" of the scarf,a nd that my face is kind of neutral -- sometimes when I'm taking my scarf or jacket off, I make a weird tongue-out face or a grimace, hahaha.



Happy dressing!
Mitzi xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...