Monday, January 31, 2011

Purrfect, Darling!

I wore this last Friday -- definitely one of my favourite outfits in a while!


This one is a Mitzi “classic” because it incorporates everything that I like: pattern-mixing (including stripes and leopard print), colour-mixing (gold and bright navy), a Parisian twist (beret, can’t-see-me sunglasses), and WARMTH. Holy moly, it has been so cold! But I was completely warm in this hooded vintage coat. I didn’t even need to wear a sweater underneath!


Project Runway has been my favourite show since it aired, and this look remind me a bit of the influences of my two favourite designers on the show: first, Christian Siriano. He was so amazing! He was pretty much the role model for me and my best friend Matty. Because of Christian, "fierce" became our buzzword and our motto! If you ask me (and I hope you'll agree), this outfit is about as fierce as it gets! My other fave is Mondo Guerra, and as you may remember from my tribute post, Mondo is all about pattern-mixing. 




So, I've been starting to get the "winter blues." I've never been actually diagnosed, but I believe it's called "Seasonal Affective Disorder" -- basically, as the acronym suggests, lack of sunlight makes me sad. For no reason! I had a bad case of it two years ago, which resulted in me totally messing up at school (falling asleep in every single class, getting too far behind in schoolwork to catch up, etc). Now that I know what to look for, I'm hoping to head it off at the pass! There's a "booklight" or whatever it's called at my university health centre, so hopefully sitting with that for a while each day will help. 

This is actually one of the reasons I want to do my Alphabet Challenge: a reason to keep getting dressed for life each day! Haha. February is probably the worst month for it, which is odd because February is the best month ever because it's my birth month! Silly nature and your dark winters. Ugh. If anybody has any "challenging" colours they want me to tackle, feel free to comment with them! I think the "rules" for this are going to be pretty lenient, I'm still making them up and will post them later tonight or tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is the first day of the challenge, with letter A! Are you as excited as I am?







Ahhh I can't remember if I posted it on here or not yet, but I'm going to New York during reading week! I'm so excited!!! Yaaaaaaay.

 




Hope everyone is having a good Monday!


Happy dressing!
Mitzi xo

2 comments:

  1. Saw your comment about SAD. I think I have it too, but it's also undiagnosed. I also had severe problems because of it like you mentioned. I recommend taking a vitamin D and calcium supplement along with using the lamp or (and some people might skin me for saying this) tanning biweekly. I found doing these three extra things helped immensely! Hope you find what works for you. Not a fun disorder to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment, it really means a lot! It's definitely a struggle. I'm trying to keep on top of things, it just gets so hard sometimes.
    You're lovely, you made my evening :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...