Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Silence in the Snowy Fields

I couldn't resist taking pictures in front of this snow-filled meadow!


I wore this for a lunch date with my darling a few dyas before school started!


I based this outfit around the beige vest. I don't wear it often because it's a difficult colour to style, despite its neutrality! But it has such a great shape. 


I wore my forest green velvet blazer and deep maroon beret so that the beige vest would stand out, but to add more depth than black pieces would allow.


To add some more colour, I tied an ascot out of my blue, gold, and brown rope-printed scarf!



I wore this grey turtleneck underneath it all, mostly for warmth! This is turning into a bitterly cold winter!

 



Ooh ooh ooh!! It was just confirmed today that Billy and I are going to New York during reading week! It's a school trip that was extended to both the History/Classics department (Billy) and the Religious Studies department (me). So exciting!! 

 

I convinced Billy to keep a mustache for a couple of days! Haha. My first TV crush was on the sexy Tom Selleck as Magnum P.I. The mustache is gone for now, but at least I have this picture... :)

 
Part of the reason I've been so busy (and hence not posting regularly) is that, in addition to my consignment shop managing and appliance store jobs, I'm also working as a TA (teacher's assistant) for an Intro to Western Religions course! It's a lot of work, but I LOVE it. I want to be a university professor someday (after many years of being a student, haha), so this is great practice! Starting next week I'll be leading a tutorial too.


Happy dressing!
Mitzi xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...