Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Acid-Wash Caper

Warning: fun outfit and fun pictures to follow. Funfunfun!!!


Oooh, the amount that I like this outfit gives me shivers. And the photo shoot was so much fun!! Billy and I took pictures by the swing set in our backyard, and also in a little field near my house. Figured I'd give you all a break from the porch :P


CAPE!!! Haha... get it? Cape? ...caper? I amuse myself :D


I wanted to create the perfect outfit for my cape's debut. In years past I've made the mistake of wearing full skirts with it, creating a really nasty fir-tree shaped disaster!!


For a slim silhouette, I started with opaque black leggings and a black turtleneck. Then I layered my acid-wasj denim pencil skirt and gold poofy top! 


I added this floaty blue scarf as a shawl... I'm not so sure about it. What do you think? I ditched the scarf for the pictures in the field, which I think was a good idea :) Editing!!


Blurry!! Whatever :P Hmm, I took so many pictures for this post!! As I said earlier, I am in love with this look. The skirt has a funny fit at the top, it make me look kind of poochy. This top covers it perfectly!! And the shape reminds me of this wicked red dress that my friend Hilary has, with a little short skirt part over a more fitted, longer skirt part :D


I was actually going to wear a dark pink lip stain with this, but I have two CoverGirl lipstains! I accidentally put on the dark red one. What an excellent mistake!


These are my pirate boots from the other day! I just flipped up the cuff, and they instantly became over-the-knee boots. Yessss. I'm way too in love with these boots, you're going to get sick of them! They keep being the first footwear that occurs to me when thinking of what to wear with any given outfit... I've started to have to restrain myself ;)


It was deliciously chilly out yesterday, when I wore this outfit. And this cape is so warm! I wanted to just twirl around for all the pictures :P

 
 I'm in such a dilemma!! I have tons of outfits planned out, but they all seem to have something yellow in them, or they involve a pencil skirt. Siiigh. I try to mix things up, but I seem to be in a pencil skirt/ yellow rut! We'll see what happens over the next few days, haha.




 Sick of me yet? here are still lots more pictures! I'm having so much fun :D


Love this shot!! Now, here's a monkey one for Amanda:


Hahah, I amuse myself. I hope I amuse you, too!

Also, holy crap, apparently I've reached the limit for pictures that I can upload on here! This will be sorted out by tomorrow. Worry not!

Happy dressing!
Mitzi xo

 

1 comment:

  1. Cape! Love it :) Such a gorgeous cape specimen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...