So, I'm super disorganized. Back in January, Angie from Papillon Chouette and Elena from Fairytale in a Bag awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award! I'm so grateful, but I was so busy at that point that I completely forgot to pass it on! And now, the lovely Meganne from The Posh Pearl awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award! I can't thank you all enough.
For being awarded these awards, I have to share 7 facts about myself! Here goes:
1. I am in my fourth year of university, and will next year complete my Bachelor of Arts degree with Honours in Religious Studies! I am currently working on my thesis proposal, comparing religious iconography with the concept of the "style icon."
2. Before I started blogging, I would draw the outfit I wore each day on the back of each page of a page-a-day calendar! I still sketch the better ones ;) I love to draw, especially pictures of outfits!
3. I am currently taking sewing lessons. When I finish my degree I plan to take a year off to practice sewing and work to save money to go to school for fashion design. When I was younger I dreamed of being a fashion designer, but abandoned it as unreasonable. Lately I've been thinking "why is it unreasonable?!" and so have been working towards pursuing my true dreams. This Friday I am going to cut my first pattern, for a flowy denim prairie skirt!
4. I am currently working as manager of a used clothing shop called Hazel's. I can't imagine a better job (well, except for being a fashion designer ;) ! I love meeting the people that come into the shop and working with clothes all day, putting together outfit displays and helping customers create looks! I also have two other jobs, working at a Sears store on Saturdays (giving people parcels, pushing around large appliances) and working as a teacher's assistant for a second-year religious studies class. Where do I find time to blog and do schoolwork? Don't ask! Haha. Somehow I also manage 8 hours of sleep a night!
5. I have been with my darling Billy for three years! We met on February 20, 2008 under a lunar eclipse. While we've had out ups and downs, the root is romance and I'm as happy as ever! We have so much fun together and make up silly songs and dances on an hourly basis. Billy has helped me get through a lot! I took a year off between my second and third years of university, switching schools in the process. Billy and I helped each other make the decision to return to university, and we've never looked back!
6. I also happen to live with my parents! Part of the decision to move from Halifax to home was the offer from my great parents for Billy and I to live with them for free. While it's challenging at times to be a 23-year-old living under my parents roof, the pros definitely outweigh the cons! We have unlimited access to the car and don't have to buy groceries or pay rent. And we get the whole attic to ourselves!
7. Ooh, last one. This was less tricky than I thought it would be! I'll make it loop back to the first: on April 25 I'm going to see Lady Gaga with my friend Matty! I am SO EXCITED. She is a major part of my thesis topic, especially since her new song "Born This Way" fell upon my ears! Pure awesome. I wasn't big on it at first, but it's grown on me to the point that I have it in my head on a daily basis! Haha.
Now to nominate 7 other wonderful bloggers for the award!
1. Stef of Diversions
This lovely lady mixes cardigans and colour like nobody's business! And she's really creative with her photos, including tips and tricks for taking great shots! Watch for some neat-o .GIFs too ;) (I still don't get how those things work...)
2. Catie of Fleur d'Elise
This chic cat loves stripes and berets just as much as I do! She has the best haircut ever and I would love to raid her closet.
3. Carina of BadTasteToast
Her blog is a sweet mix of outfit posts and inspiration pics, and sometimes even recipes! Very versatile and stylish, if I do say so myself ;)
4. Lakin of Always, Lakin
Perfect hair!! This gal looks just like Marilyn Monroe! I love her classy sense of style and her posts are so much fun to read.
5. Heather of 29 Skirts
I love skirts, and so does Heather! Her delicate and ladylike style is just great, and I'm sure you'll envy her collection of skirts as much as I do!
6. Lisa of My Pretty Baby Cried She Was a Bird
This is one fun lady!! She's a pro vintage and estate sale shopper, and her posts range from "clothes off my back" in which she displays her great vintage style to scans of fantastic vintage books! If you ever need a lighthearted laugh, look at this blog.
7. Cee of Coco and Vera
One of my newest favourites, Cee is a Parisienne at heart and so am I! She has gorgeous style and I always look forward to seeing what she'll wear next! I love the way French and ballerina influences work their way into each of her fantastic looks.
I have so many favourite bloggers, I wish I could include them all! If you ladies repost this, you can pick whichever one you want to say I gave you. Or both! Because you are all so stylish AND versatile!
Happy dressing :)