Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wild Watermelon

Time to get up-to-date on my posts! Here's another oldie. I'm wearing my new watermelon-coloured button-down from H&M, which I picked up in Montreal when I went to see Gaga!


I wore the shirt with my black crepe-y high-waisted pants, which are going to be a MAJOR wardrobe staple this summer! As will this shirt, I'm sure. I think we're in for a real scorcher! It's early June, and we've already been topping 25C without accounting for humidity onan almost daily basis. I'm probably going to have tobuy a share in a sunscreen company, haha! I am determined not to tan this summer, or at least not to burn. I've burned so many times in the past, I don't really want to take any more chances!



One of the fantastic parts of summer, though: WATERMELON. What a sweet (haha!) way to beat the heat and get a serving of fruits!! Yummm. Not to mention, it's a great colour for summer clothing ;)


See? Haha! The blouse even has black bits and shiny buttons to represent the seeds :P


I got a major retro vibe from this outfit.This is currently one of my favourite silhouettes: high-waisted anything and a button-down shirt, either tucked in or knotted just above the waistband! I felt like I should be going to walk on the beach with a hot guy (named Billy!) in a leather jacket.



These pictures are the last set that Billy didn't take! My mama took them for me while Billy was still in Turkey. I know, ancient history! But I'm finally getting back on my blogging game. If only Blogger would work out the rest of the kinks...


I'm off to CycleFit class tonight, which is like Spin class. My new workput buddy invited me, and I'm looking forward to it! I'm a little scared though, I hear it's pretty intense. I have a feeling I'll have some deliciously sore muscles tomorrow, haha!


Blouse: H&M
Pants: vintage, from Hazel's
Belt: from Hazel's
Shoes: Ardene
Sunglasses: H&M
Jacket: Suzy Shier

Happy dressing!
Mitzi xo

7 comments:

  1. I love that top! Such a great colour with that pattern too. I have never tried a spin class, you'll have to let us know how it goes.
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your top! It would be perfect for me because whenever I eat a paricularly delicious piece of fruit, I sometimes want to dress in the colors of that fruit. This shirt would do me one better:D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! love your blouse! happy week-end! xooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool top! Love the color! And now thanks to you, I'd like a nice piece of watermellon :)

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I do love those pants a lot! And the colour of the blouse is delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the watermelon colored blouse!! We are so connected!! I saw Gaga last year :D and I also don't plan on tanning this year (just like last year), I rather keep my youthful skin for a bit longer rather than having a tan skin for a while :D

    Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this blouse is so charming!! I love it!! :) you look great! :) I hope you'll visit my blog! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...