Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sunsets and Straw Hats

I'm in love with the straw hats people are wearing this summer! I had been looking for the perfect one for a while when I stumbled upon this baby at an Aldo store in Montreal. So summery, right?!



I went for a playful look the first time I planned an outfit around the hat, choosing my flowy floral skirt, a puffed/ruched-sleeve top, and pigtails! My silver belt and ruffly sandals added some more fun :)



I wish I had a better picture of the hat! I guess I'll have to wear it again sometime, haha ;) Here's one I took on the way home from the trip to Montreal.


The brim of the hat narrows in the back, and it has a sort of bow detail on the left-hand side. The trim is a greyish colour, which is also braided into the straw. Love!!!



I've recently started watching Supernatural with Billy. So good! And so scary sometimes, haha. I'm finishing up the 4th season now, and Billy is bringing the 5th season home tonight! Yay!


Top: from Japan, bought at Hazel's
Skirt: vintage, from Bargains at the Bridge
Belt: vintage, from Value Village
Hat: Aldo
Sandals: Winners
Jacket: Suzy Shier

Happy dressing!
Mitzi xo

3 comments:

  1. You are too f'in cute! I love when you xpost these to Facebook! Also, it's totally fun to gorge on a show like that! Pete and I watched the whole series of Arrested Development in like 2 weeks, and all the early seasons of Weeds in a similar timeframe. We don't have TV so we just watch the same show for a while til it's exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute skirt and sandals!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww so sweet! love this look with hat! fab floral skirt too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...